Announcing the 2017–2018 Annual Scholarships
Are you a college junior, senior, or graduate students enrolled in hydrology, hydrogeology, or other water resources at any 4-year university or college in Arizona? If so, you should consider applying for our academic scholarship!
AHS will award up to three $2,000 student scholarships for the academic year. The purpose of the award is to encourage full-time students related field at an Arizona university or college to excel in their area of study. Previous winners of this academic scholarship are not eligible for this award; however, they can apply for our intern scholarship program.
- Deadline for mailing applications: May 19, 2017
- The scholarship will be awarded during our annual symposium, which will be held from September 6–9, 2017, at the High Country Conference Center in Flagstaff
- GPA based on at least four full semesters of course work
- Strength of letter(s) of recommendation (at least one)
- Application letter describing your interests / career goals in hydrology and water resources
- Background in hydrology and water resources related activities (described in your resume)
- Degree of need — explain your need for support and list relevant 2017–2018 awards
Your application must include at least the following documents to be considered:
- Application form [DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM]
- An application letter, including description of financial need. List all scholarships, internships, student aid, or financial awards that you will be receiving for the 2017–2018 academic year
- Your resume, including background in hydrology and water resources related activities
- Official transcripts (graduate and undergraduate for graduate applicants)
- Confidential recommendation letters (at least one)
Paper copies of all documents are required; in addition, please e-mail PDF versions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail all scholarship applications for consideration by May 19, 2017, to:
Arizona Hydrological Society
5010 East Shea Boulevard, Suite 145
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254