Information About Tucson Chapter Meetings
The Tucson chapter will not be meeting in March. Check back again in April!
Add to Calendar
2/21/2017 8:00 PM
Monthly Chapter Meeting
Grand Canyon Pipeline Talk
Montgomery & Associates, 1550 Prince Rd, Tucson, AZ
- Date: Tuesday, February 21
- Time: Social half hour at 6:00 pm; presentation at 6:30 pm
- Place: Montgomery & Associates, 1550 E Prince Rd [MAP]
- Cost: Free; drinks and snacks provided
Abstract: The Trans-Canyon Pipeline Project
The Trans-Canyon Pipeline, originally constructed in the late 1960s, was one of the most complex projects ever taken on by the National Park Service and is well past its expected life span. A new section of pipeline was installed to replace the existing one near Phantom Ranch to address numerous pipe failures in the area. Construction in such an extreme location presents a host of challenges. This presentation shares Erik’s experience with the replacement of this section of this pipeline at the bottom of the canyon while providing an overall context of the Park’s incredible water system.
Speaker: Erik Christenson, P.E.
Erik Christenson moved to Tucson from the East Coast in 1999 to pursue his dream of being an archaeologist. Instead, he landed in engineering consulting services. With a new dream of being an engineer, Erik received a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the University of Arizona. Now a professional engineer at WestLand Resources, Erik works with a wide variety of clients including municipalities, developers, first nations, mines, and private water companies to help plan, design, and build their water infrastructure.
Check back soon.
News from the Tucson Chapter
- 2016 Leonard Halpenny Intern Recap (2/27/2017)
- 2016 Halpenny Scholar Announced (5/4/2016)
- The Southern Arizona Science & Engineering Fair Results (3/28/2016)
- Tucson Chapter February Meeting Summary: Glen Canyon Talk! (3/7/2016)
- Announcing the 2016 Leonard Halpenny Intern Scholarship (2/2/2016)
- Results of Chapter Officer Elections (12/2/2015)
- Musings from Our 2015 Halpenny Intern Scholar (12/2/2015)
- Next Symposium Planning Meeting… and Call for Volunteers (10/30/2015)