Save the Date: March 31 – April 2, 2016
The Department of Hydrology & Water Resources was founded some 50 years ago. In celebration of this anniversary — and in looking forward to the next 50 years — we are planning a reunion. The event will feature formal and informal opportunities to see what current faculty and students are up to, to find out what your fellow alumni have been doing for all these years, and to hear what leaders in hydrologic science think about where hydrology is headed.
For more information, visit the 50th Reunion web site. We will also post periodic updates here on the AHS web site. Those who are unable to physically attend will have access to a virtual bulletin board where people can share stories about their time at Arizona and since.
Thursday, March 31
Day field trips/outings, evening downtown pub celebration
Friday, April 1
- Annual student research symposium (morning, part of afternoon)
- Panel discussion with two recently retired faculty members, Thomas Maddock III and Shlomo Neuman
- Cocktail reception in Old Main Silver and Sage Room and Veranda
- Gala dinner celebration, location to be announced
Saturday, April 2
- Groundwater conference in collaboration with the National Ground Water Association, Hydrology—The Next 50 Years (six invited speakers, including 2016 NGWA Darcy Lecturer, Dr. Ty Ferré)
- Cocktail Reception, Dinner
There will be nominal charges to cover the expenses of the events, meals, and any transportation. We are hoping to build excitement for the reunion and connections among the different generations of alumni both at the reunion and in pre-reunion gatherings in various cities around the country and overseas.
Interested in Volunteering?
If anyone is interested in volunteering to organize a local gathering, please contact Peter Quinlan (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tom Meixner (email@example.com). They may be able to provide correspondence with folks in your region to assist with event-related communications.